vrijdag 26 februari 2016

Resonant Field Effects Acceleron Fuzz - Clone

I had a moment of realization, I only have fuzz pedals that are gainmonsters, so I wanted a ''normal'' fuzz pedal. I first thought about a germanium Fuzz Face, but because I still haven't found (what I'm looking for) a good germanium transistor dealer, I went for a silicon fuzz.
Those silicon Fuzz Faces are kinda boring, so I found a Acceleron Fuzz from Field Effects. If you look at the schematics, it uses some transistors that aren't very common (expect for one MPSA18). It sounded great on YouTube, and the schematic looked interesting, so I built it.
Now it’s one of my favourite fuzz pedals that I own, it's a real dynamic fuzz, it doesn't get mushy like a Big Muff, and it goes from brave to real harsh.
The switch in the centre is for contour, I never really understood contour on amplifiers, but on this pedal it's kinda like compression, I think.
The enclosure is a failed etch from the Seamoon Funkmachine (eventhough that one wasn't a success either), so I've used this enclosure for my own pedals.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten